Monday, 9 November, 2020 | 4:00pm-6:00pm CET
How to attend
Please register through this link. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email from IRF with details on how to attend.
This is an online training course designed to provide a methodical overview of climate change mitigation strategies and emergency response management. Rural roads, frequently a vulnerable link in the transport chain, will also be addressed through dedicated modules presenting design and maintenance features for weather-resilient low volume / rural roads. The lectures will be taught during a two-week period with live two-hour on-line sessions. Upon completion of the training program, the IRF will administer an online knowledge test. Participants with a score of 80% of the exam will be awarded with a certificate verifying their successful completion of the course. You are very welcome to participate in the training. You can find more information regarding the objectives, topics, schedule and target audience for this training here.
We are very excited to present in the IRF training and share successful examples from our 5-years journey of promoting and implementing Green Roads in various countries with different climatic and hydrological conditions. In this training, we will first discuss the Green Roads for Water concept, its benefits and practicalities and then the MetaMeta country representatives will discuss the challenges and opportunities of implementing Green Roads in Kenya, Uganda, Malawi and Nepal with a special focus on the measures that can be applied in each area/country. The MetaMeta team will present on the 9th of November at 4:00 pm CET.
- Anastasia Deligianni – MetaMeta Research, Project Manager of the Green Roads for Water program
- Luwieke Bosma – MetaMeta Research and MetaMeta Kenya, Country Coordinator and Program Manager
- Hilary Galiwango – MetaMeta Uganda, Country Coordinator and Program Manager
- Macpherson Nthara – Chief Land Resources Conservation Officer at the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security | Chairperson for the Rainwater Harvesting Association of Malawi (RWHAM)
- Saroj Yakami – MetaMeta Nepal, Country Coordinator and Program Manager
Brochure: Green Roads for Water
Last modified: November 2, 2020